I am happy to speak to students of all ages. If you have a class in which you talk about evolution and think I could contribute something of value, please get in touch. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, of course, I would have to speak via Zoom, Skype, or so forth.
- 2009 - 2018, 2019 - 2020: Volunteer for MSU Museum’s “Darwin Discovery Day” Educational Event
- 2012 – November Meet-up Speaker for the Michigan Skeptics Association
- 2012 – WAMC Academic Minute Podcast Speaker, November 19, 2012, Evolving Bacteria
- 2014 - NESCent and BEACON Darwin Day Roadshow - gave eight talks over March 20 and 21 at two public high schools about evolution, my research, and my path to becoming a scientist
- 2014 - MSU Science Festival Presentation: "Science, Fiction, and the Real Monsters of Our Imagination"
- 2014 - Speaker for the NESCent and BEACON Evolution Symposium at the National Association of Biology Teachers Professional Development conference, Cleveland, OH
- 2014 - Spoke to the DeWitt High School Advanced Placement Biology class about my path to becoming a scientist, the Lenski Lab, and my research. I also led the class on an explanatory tour of the Lenski Lab
- 2015 - MSU Science Festival Presentation: "Science, Fiction, and the Real Monsters of Our Imagination"